Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Welcome! The Simmons admission committee will review your application to learn not only what you have accomplished, but also who you are. In addition to academic record and standardized test scores, we want to know about your interests and activities at school and beyond the classroom. Tell us how you participate in cocurricular activities at school or in the community. Do you have a job or leadership experience? We want to know about your talents and accomplishments too.
If you have any questions about Simmons admission requirements or the application process, let us know! Call the Office of Undergraduate Admission at 617-521-2051, email email@example.com, or contact your admission counselor directly.
Application Requirements Checklist
Use the following checklist to make sure you have all of your application information in order:
- Application Form — Complete the application form as fully as possible and return it to the Office of Undergraduate Admission by the appropriate deadline.
- $55.00 Application Fee — A nonrefundable $55 application fee must be submitted along with your application form. Checks should be payable to Simmons College. (Note: If you apply using the Simmons Online Application this fee is waived.)
- High School Transcript and Grade Report — Complete the top portion of the secondary school report and guidance counselor recommendation form, and give it to your guidance counselor. Your counselor should complete the counselor recommendation and attach an official copy of your high school transcript, which includes grades from the first quarter of your senior year.*
- Teacher Evaluation — Complete the top portion of the teacher evaluation and recommendation form and give it to a teacher who has instructed you in an academic subject, preferably to a teacher who knows you well and can give us a better understanding of you as a student and an individual.
- Standardized Test Scores — Applicants must take either the SAT (including writing section) or the ACT. All tests should be taken no later than the January testing date of the senior year. Scores will be accepted from official high school transcripts. For scores being sent directly by the College Board, the Simmons College code is 3761.
- English Language Proficiency — If English is not your native language, the TOEFL, IELTS, or another English language exam is a requirement for admission.
- College Essay — Essays should be typewritten and your own work. Please limit your essay to two pages. Use your essay to tell us more about you. Be smart, be honest, and be yourself. We want to know whether you can write, and how you express yourself. Several people (other than you) should read your essay to help scan your work for content, errors, and tone. Be sure to spell-check your essay.
- College Interview (optional) — While not required, we strongly recommend scheduling a college interview. An interview is one of the best ways for us to learn more about you — and for you to learn about the College, in order to make sure Simmons is the right fit. To make an appointment for an interview, please read about campus visits or contact us.
- Honors supplemental application (optional) — The Simmons Honors Program is designed for students with strong analytical and writing skills and an eagerness for intellectual challenge. Learn more about the Honors Program »
*Applicants attending non-traditional high school programs or experimental schools, including home school applicants, may be asked to provide supplemental information in support of their application in lieu of a traditional transcript.
Note that once you submit your materials, we aren't able to return them, so please make copies of any original material.
The Simmons Honors Program is designed for students with strong analytical and writing skills and an eagerness for intellectual challenge. You can apply for consideration by submitting the Honors supplement with your Simmons online or print application. Learn more about the Honors Program »
Apply for Free!
Use any of our Online Application options and we'll waive the $55 application fee.
Start Your Application! Go to the Apply page
Simmons College reviews applications on a continual basis. If for any reason you feel you cannot meet the application deadline, but still wish to apply, please contact us.
Early Action I: November 1 Early Action II: December 1: December 1
Students who are interested in learning about their admission decision early in the application cycle may apply under the Early Action Plan. Early Action is a nonbinding process whereby students submit the application and credentials by the November 1 deadline and are notified of the admission decision in mid-December, or by December 1 and are notified in mid-January. The tuition deposit may be submitted anytime before May 1. Students not admitted under the Early Action Plan will be reconsidered with other applicants in March.
Regular Decision: February 1
The deadline for Regular Decision applications is February 1. All decisions are completed by April 15.
If you have questions about Simmons, feel free to contact your admission counselor directly. Find your counselor »
Start Your Application! Go to the Apply page