Friends and Family Weekend
Family and Friends Weekend is a students' favorite event to share with their family and friends that occurs each October, and provides Simmons students an opportunity to share their experiences on campus with their families and friends.
Registration is now live for this years Family and Friends Weekend!
You can download a PDF version of the schedule below and follow the link below to register for the weekend. After registering for the weekend if you need to make any changes to your registration please contact our office by e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 617-521-2423.
Family and Friends Weekend Schedule Download
Family and Friends Weekend Registration
- Friday, 3:00 p.m.: Professor Mary Shapiro: Team Survival: Have you ever been on a team with people who don't pull their weight…..or on a team that spends more time arguing with each other than doing the work? Have you ever thought "why can't I just do this work by myself---it would be so much easier?" So what can you do in future teams to avoid pulling your hair out? Come to this session for a fun interactive exercise that will reveal some critical strategies in getting a group of people to work together productively…and painlessly!
- Friday, 4:00 p.m.: Lessons from Abroad: Student Panel. Students who have studied abroad will share their experiences, the lessons they learned, and what their experience returning to Simmons has been.
- Saturday, 9:30 a.m.: Bike & Build: A Cross-Country Journey: In the summer of 2013, Laini Cassis, a current Simmons Senior, joined a team of bikers to bike across the country and build houses with Habitat for Humanity. During this presentation, she will share stories from her journey an also talk about biking safely in the city.
- Saturday, 9:30 a.m. (tentative) Concaved. Current juniors who participated in the Simmons World Challenge will talk about their proposal for creating Concaved: a Pandora-like radio station that offers opposing (instead of similar) points of views on journalism.
- Saturday, 9:30 a.m.: Tour of the Nursing Simulation Lab: Nursing Simulation allows students to learn and practice how to act and react in patient situations. It allows for reflection on learning and the experience to make appropriate care decisions when caring for real patients.
- Saturday, 11:30 a.m.: Tour of the Nursing Simulation Lab: Nursing Simulation allows students to learn and practice how to act and react in patient situations. It allows for reflection on learning and the experience to make appropriate care decisions when caring for real patients.
As a courtsey will have set up discounted rates at hotels in the area. Please note that these special rates are only avalible for a limited time and vary by hotel.
- Inn at Longwood Medical - 342 Longwood Avenue, Boston - 617.731.4700
- Courtyard by Marriott - Brookline - 40 Webster Street, Boston - 866.296.2296
- Holiday Inn Boston - Brookline 1200 Beacon Street, Brookline - 617.277.1200
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge - 400 Soldiers Field Road, Boston - 800.222.8733
- $249 per Night, King Suite - until Sept. 4th
The Westin Boston Waterfront - 425 Summer Street, Boston - 888.627.7115
- $289 per Night, Single/Double - until Sept. 4th
Boston Marriott Copley Place - 110 Huntington Avenue, Boston - 617.236.5800