Welcome to Residence Life at Simmons! The Office of Residence Life manages all Simmons housing, room selection, and arranges many on-campus events. This page lists the latest news and announcements, and you can learn more about Campus Housing, Communities, and Move-in for New Students throughout this section.
Important Dates (for current student residents)
Friday, March 28 at 11:59pm - Deadline to Withdraw from Fall Housing
Tuesday, April 1 at 11:59pm - Deadline to submit application in order to receive a priority lottery number
Wednesday, April 9 at 11:59pm - Deadline to submit Theme and Special Interest Housing Form 2014-2015
Wednesday, April 16, 5:30-8:00pm - Housing Selection for Graduate/Dix Scholar, Special Interest & Theme Community, and Rising Seniors
Thursday, April 17, 6:00-8:30pm - Housing Selection for Rising Juniors and Rising Sophomores/2nd semester first-years
Monday, April 21 at 11:59pm - Priority deadline for Summer Housing
Sunday, April 27 at 11:59pm - Deadline to apply for a Late Stay
Withdrawal from Housing
Withdrawal 2014-2015If you are interested in withdrawing from Simmons Housing you must complete this form. If you withdraw from housing prior to the advertised deadlines, your housing deposit refund will be mailed to the address you have on file with AARC 6-8 weeks after the end of the semester. Please make sure it is up to date. If you withdraw after the deadline, your housing deposit will be forfeited.The deadline to withdraw from Fall 2014 housing is March 28, at 11:59pm
First-year students requesting to withdraw from housing must fill out the housing exemption request form located on our website.
Withdrawal Spring 2014
If you plan to withdraw for Spring 2014, please call our office at 617-521-1096.
Specific Information regarding Withdrawal from Housing
Students going on Study Abroad, Domestic Exchange, or Transferring
- You must fill out the housing withdrawal request form to inform the Office of Residence Life of your intentions. If you will not be notified of your acceptance into a program or school until after the March 28 deadline, please still fill out the form; if you are accepted, a copy of your dated acceptance letter must be given to the Office of Residence Life. This form is required in order to receive a refund or place your deposit on hold.
Taking a Leave of Absence, Withdrawing, or Graduating from Simmons
- You must fill out the housing withdrawal request form to inform the Office of Residence Life of your intentions. Only then will you have your housing deposit placed on hold, or to be eligible to receive a refund on the deposit when you return to Simmons. If you are graduating in May, you must also fill out the withdrawal form by the March 28 deadline in order to receive a refund on your $250 deposit.
Other Reasons for Withdrawal
- You must fill out the housing withdrawal request form to inform the Office of Residence Life of your intentions.
Are you finding what you need?
- For information about any services that are offered at the residence campus (mailroom, work requests, microfridge rental), see Residence Campus Services.
- Students with any questions, concerns, ideas, or recommendations are strongly encouraged to contact the Office of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-521-1096, or stop by our office on the 2nd floor of the Health Center.
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm