BOSTON (October 10, 2007) — Simmons College has received a $1 million gift from an anonymous Simmons alumna and her husband to enhance students' study abroad opportunities.
In announcing the gift, Simmons College President Susan Scrimshaw cited the importance of study abroad as an "enriching, sometimes life-changing" experience, and lauded the couple's "uncommon commitment to the college and the students over the years."
The gift will be used to enhance a study abroad scholarship previously created by the couple, establish an endowed fund that will generate seed money for the creation of new, short-term study abroad courses, and help fund additional study abroad subsidies for students.
The Simmons Study Abroad Program offers a variety of study abroad experiences for students, including short-term, one-semester, and year-long courses around the world.
Simmons College is a nationally recognized, small private university in Boston with an undergraduate college for women and graduate programs for women and men in social work, health studies, library and information science, management, and liberal arts.
- Simmons College Receives Andy Warhol Screen Prints
April 17, 2014
- Simmons School of Management Maintains Prestigious AACSB Business Accreditation
April 3, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents "Rarified": A Two-Person Exhibition by Rebecca Doughty and Alice O’Neill
April 1, 2014
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight