BOSTON (October 12, 2007) — Simmons College School of Social Work Professor Gary Bailey has been awarded the 2007 "Legacy of Caring" award by a leading social service agency for his work in improving the quality of life for children and their families on a national and international basis.
The award is presented annually to one person by Devereux Massachusetts, a non-profit social service agency that treats children and adolescents with special emotional and behavioral needs. Devereux Massachusetts is part of the Devereux Foundation, the nation's largest non-profit provider of services for children and adults with psychological, behavioral, or neurological treatment needs.
The award was presented in October during Devereux Massachusetts' Legacy of Caring Conference in Worcester, Mass. Bailey was honored for his efforts in training future professionals to work with the most at-risk populations on issues including elder and family housing program development, as well as diversity, social justice and human rights.
Bailey is the immediate past-president of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and current chair of its National Social Work Public Education Campaign. He also is the immediate past-president of the North American Region of the International Federation of Social Workers.
The Simmons School of Social Work was founded in 1904. It has a nationally acclaimed clinical social work program and is one of the oldest schools of social work in the nation. Simmons College is a nationally recognized private university located in the heart of Boston.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight