BOSTON (March 12, 2008) — Denise Coll, a 1995 graduate of the Simmons School of Management in Boston, has been named president of Hotel Group, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc., North America.
Coll previously was general manager, area manager and regional vice president of Starwood Operations. She also has overseen the company's reservations operations, franchise operations and staff services function for the Sheraton as senior vice president of its North America Division.
"Denise is a very talented executive and an extraordinary leader," said Matt Ouimet, president, Hotel Group, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. "Her deep knowledge of hotel operations, as well as her personal experience in working effectively with our brand, sales, owner relations, new builds, development and corporate teams makes her extremely well-qualified for this role."
Coll left Starwood for six years to serve as chief operating officer for Seaport Companies, and returned to Starwood in 2004 as regional vice president, operations — New England. In her most recent role, Coll served as the senior vice president, operations — North America.
Coll earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and a master's degree in business administration from the Simmons School of Management. She has served as chairman of the Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau.
The Simmons School of Management is the only business school in the world designed specifically for women. Simmons College is a nationally recognized private university located in the heart of Boston.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight