BOSTON (September 2, 2008) — Simmons College in Boston has been named one of the nation's "great schools for education majors" by Princeton Review.
Simmons was one of only 57 colleges in the nation chosen for the recognition, from more than 1,000 undergraduate schools from which data was collected. Princeton Review recently published the list of "great schools for education majors" in the print edition of its 2009 "Best 368 Colleges."
Princeton Review editors said they compiled the list by looking at institutional data, consulting with the National College Counselor Advisory Panel, and considering recommendations from guidance counselors, college admission counselors, and other education experts from around the country.
Simmons-prepared teachers consistently score in the top echelon on the Massachusetts licensure exam (99th percentile), and nearly 100 percent of its general education and special education students secure teaching positions within three months of graduation.
The Simmons education program offers undergraduate programs in general education and special education; a Master of Arts in Teaching for teaching at the elementary, middle and high school levels; master's and doctoral programs in Applied Behavioral Analysis with a focus on autism; Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language; an Urban Elementary Education Program for training and support for beginning urban teachers; and an Educational Leadership program for educators who want to pursue a career as a school administrator.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight