BOSTON (August 7, 2009) — Simmons College in Boston has been named by Forbes.com as one of "America's Best Colleges 2009." Simmons is among a select group of 600 colleges in the ranking, representing 15% of the nearly 4,000 colleges in the U.S. This is the second year in a row that Simmons College has appeared on this distinctive list.
"Simmons is focused on preparing students for lifetime success. Inclusion on this list and other rankings gives credence to this promise," said Simmons College President Helen Drinan.
Last month, Simmons College was named one of the nation's "Best 371 Colleges" in the Princeton Review's 2010 college guidebook, which chooses schools based on outstanding academics and an 80-question student survey that focuses on the schools' academics, administration, campus life, and student body.
Data for the Forbes.com rankings were gathered and analyzed by the Center for College Affordability and Productivity. According to Forbes, there were several factors involved in the ranking methodology including: alumnae/i listed in the 2008 edition of "Who's Who in America"; alumnae/i salaries from PayScale.com; student evaluations from Ratemyprofessors.com; and four-year debt load for typical student borrowers (20%).
Founded in 1899, Simmons College is a nationally recognized university located in the heart of Boston. It includes an undergraduate college for women, and graduate programs for women and men in management, social work, health sciences, and library and information science.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight